Summary Independent Practice - Registered Nurse in Nunavut
Find key facts and figures about working as an independent practice - registered nurse. The following information is applicable to all Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012).
Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses provide direct nursing care to patients, deliver health education programs and provide consultative services regarding issues relevant to the practice of nursing. They are employed in a variety of settings including hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, community agencies, companies, private homes and public and private organizations or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in Nunavut
The job prospects are good in Nunavut
advertised in Canada
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures
- Collaborate to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care
- Conduct disease screening
- Deliver health education programs
- Date modified: