Summary Heavy Equipment Mechanic in the Montréal Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a heavy equipment mechanic. The following information is applicable to all Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312).
Heavy-duty equipment mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction, transportation, forestry, mining, oil and gas, material handling, landscaping, land clearing, farming and similar activities. They are employed by companies which own and operate heavy equipment, and by heavy equipment dealers, rental and service establishments, railway transport companies and urban transit systems.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Montréal Region
The job prospects are good in the Montréal Region
advertised in the Montréal Region
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Service attachments and working tools
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Date modified: