Summary Aircraft Rotary Mechanical Systems Technician near Whitehorse (YT)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "aircraft rotary mechanical systems technician" was moved from the group Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors (NOC 7315) to the group Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors (NOC 72404).
Find key facts and figures about working as an aircraft rotary mechanical systems technician. The following information is applicable to all Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors (NOC 72404).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Aircraft mechanics maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and test aircraft structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Aircraft inspectors inspect aircraft and aircraft systems following manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair or overhaul. Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments, and by airlines and other aircraft operators. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in Yukon
advertised in Yukon
- Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
- Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
- Date modified: