Summary Autobody Repairer near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an autobody repairer. The following information is applicable to all Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322).
Motor vehicle body repairers repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass. They are employed by automobile dealerships, automobile body repair shops and automobile appraisal centres. This unit group also includes metal repairers who repair defective automobile body parts and damage to the bodies of newly assembled cars. They are employed by motor vehicle manufacturers.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Mix paint, blend and match colors
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
- Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling
- Repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs
- Date modified: