Summary Electrical Mechanic in Newfoundland and Labrador
Find key facts and figures about working as an electrical mechanic. The following information is applicable to all Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333).
Electrical mechanics maintain, test, rebuild and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical apparatus. They are employed by independent electrical repair shops, service shops of electrical equipment manufacturers and maintenance departments of manufacturing companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Newfoundland and Labrador
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Perform on-site servicing and repair
- Perform some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators or other parts
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors
- Date modified: