Summary Crane Operator near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a crane operator. The following information is applicable to all Crane operators (NOC 7371).
Crane operators operate cranes or draglines to lift, move, position or place machinery, equipment and other large objects at construction or industrial sites, ports, railway yards, surface mines and other similar locations. They are employed by construction, industrial, mining, cargo handling and railway companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Perform routine maintenance work
- Perform pre-operational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
- Operate dragline cranes to expose coal seams and ore deposits at open pit mines
- Operate cranes mounted on boats or barges to lift, move and place equipment and materials
- Operate offshore oil rig cranes to unload and reload supply vessels
- Date modified: