Summary Maintenance Labourer - Public Works near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a maintenance labourer - public works. The following information is applicable to all Public works and maintenance labourers (NOC 7621).
Public works and maintenance labourers perform a variety of labouring activities to maintain sidewalks, streets, roads and similar areas. They are employed by public works departments in all levels of government or by private contractors under contract to governments.
On-the-job training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Shovel cement and other materials into cement mixers, spread concrete and asphalt on road surfaces using shovels, rakes and hand tampers
- Sweep debris and remove snow from streets, sidewalks, building grounds and other areas, and load snow and debris into carts or trucks
- Load and unload trucks with supplies and equipment
- Assist skilled tradespersons
- Assist in routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Date modified: