Summary Fur-bearing-animal Farmer near Hamilton (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a fur-bearing-animal farmer. The following information is applicable to all Managers in agriculture (NOC 0821).
Managers in agriculture plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations and functions of farms. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products. They usually own and operate their own establishment.
University education usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job outlook is fair in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
advertised near Hamilton (ON)
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Manage overall operation of farm
- Purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry
- Establish marketing programs
- Date modified: