Summary Sampling Supervisor - Rubber And Plastic Products Manufacturing in Canada
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "sampling supervisor - rubber and plastic products manufacturing" was moved from the group Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing (NOC 9214) to the group Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing (NOC 92013).
Find key facts and figures about working as a sampling supervisor - rubber and plastic products manufacturing. The following information is applicable to all Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing (NOC 92013).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Supervisors in plastic and rubber products manufacturing supervise and coordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble and inspect rubber or plastic products. They are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies and in plastic parts divisions of other manufacturing companies.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of production workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble, finish or inspect plastic or rubber parts and products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Date modified: