Summary Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the Northeast Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a registered nurse (R.N.). The following information is applicable to all Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012).
Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses provide direct nursing care to patients, deliver health education programs and provide consultative services regarding issues relevant to the practice of nursing. They are employed in a variety of settings including hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, community agencies, companies, private homes and public and private organizations or they may be self-employed.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Northeast Region
The job prospects are good in the Northeast Region
advertised in the Northeast Region
- Supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff
- Conduct disease screening
- Deliver health education programs
- Deliver immunization programs
- Dispense and administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician
- Date modified: