Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Annapolis Valley region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 1,550 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 85%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 11%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 18 - Dec 22, 2017
- The Greenwood Golf Club in the Annapolis Valley, scheduled to be closed for good after the 2017 season, will reopen in 2018 as a new owner has taken control of the operation.
- An Esso gas bar and Tim Hortons coffee shop are expected to open by the spring of 2018 at Glooscap Landing, as work on the first phase of the development continues near Hantsport
- A new restaurant and café, Hill¿s Grills Panini & Tea House, will open in downtown Kentville in the fall of 2017
- Date modified: