Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline sharply.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 1,530 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 48%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 19%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 18%
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 7%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 54% compared to 12% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 37% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 9% compared to 21% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 19 - Jun 23, 2017
- Wheaton's reopened its store in Berwick in May 2017, replacing the retail chain's original location that burnt to the ground a year before. The store employed 18 workers prior to the fire, and most have returned.
- Greenwood Golf Course in Greenwood will close at the end of the 2017 season due to declining membership, after nearly 60 years in operation
- Date modified: