Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Southern Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be good for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in the Southern region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of several positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Southern region:
- Approximately 1,440 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 86%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 22 - Aug 26, 2016
- The owners of Aspen Grove Farm have opened a wool and yarn shop at their sheep farm near New Germany. The Wool Room will offer products such as yarn, fleece, sheep collectibles, as well as socks and duvets.
- J.D. Irving has purchased J and H Industries in Liverpool, and will reopen it as a Kent Building Supplies store. Among the 35 former employees, 25 were offered employment. A J and H Industries lumber yard in Greenfield, employing four workers, will close.
- Date modified: