Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be good for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in the Annapolis Valley region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of several positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 1,430 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 89%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 19 - Jun 23, 2017
- Wheaton's reopened its store in Berwick in May 2017, replacing the retail chain's original location that burnt to the ground a year before. The store employed 18 workers prior to the fire, and most have returned.
- Centreville Kwik-Way & Diner will close at the beginning of February 2017, resulting in 12 job losses
- Noble Grape Urban Winery, an on-site winemaking retailer, will open in September 2016 in Kingston, NS. It will be larger than its other Annapolis Valley location in Cold Brook, and is seeking to hire staff.
- Date modified: