Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline sharply.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 1,600 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 48%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 24%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 8%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 26% compared to 12% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 48% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 26% compared to 21% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 23 - Jan 27, 2017
- Centreville Kwik-Way & Diner will close at the beginning of February 2017, resulting in 12 job losses
- Noble Grape Urban Winery, an on-site winemaking retailer, will open in September 2016 in Kingston, NS. It will be larger than its other Annapolis Valley location in Cold Brook, and is seeking to hire staff.
- Date modified: