Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Other customer and information services representatives (NOC 6552) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline sharply.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced high levels of unemployment.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other customer and information services representatives in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- Other customer and information services representatives mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 74%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 11%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 14% compared to 12% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 73% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 13% compared to 21% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 24 - Jul 28, 2017
- A new restaurant and café, Hill¿s Grills Panini & Tea House, will open in downtown Kentville in the fall of 2017
- Lindsay Construction will begin work in August 2017 on the second phase of Berwick¿s recreation centre. The $4.2M project will include the addition of a curling facility and wellness and health centres, and is expected to be completed in the spring.
- PCL Construction has been awarded the contract for a $3.8M renovation project at the Hants County Community hospital in Windsor. The project will begin in August 2017 and last several months.
- Sailor Bup's Barbershop will open a location at the Cornwallis Inn, Kentville, in August 2017. The business has three locations in the Halifax metro area as well.
- Lightfoot and Wolfville will open a winery in the Wolfville area in July 2017 that will create 20 jobs. Other wineries in the region are also expanding, and a lab has recently opened at Acadia University to provide support to the industry.
- Date modified: