Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration (NOC 0411) in Yukon due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 06 - Nov 10, 2017
- Construction is underway for upgrades to the Pioneer Cemetery in downtown Whitehorse. The current phase includes building a new gateway and is expected to be completed in spring.
- The Government of Yukon is currently conducting a 2017-18 Yukon Visitor Exit Survey. The year-long study will provide the tourism sector with current and reliable information to plan for the future, develop programs and products, and market Yukon.
- The Kwanlin Dün First Nation is planning a new public cardlock fuel station on a parcel of settlement lands along the Alaska Highway, near the Whitehorse airport. Pending approvals, the opening is planned for September 2018.
- The first of three affordable housing complexes in the River Bend area of Whitehorse has been completed. The second building is scheduled to open in December, and the third in early next year.
- The Kluane First Nation is moving ahead with plans to build three wind turbines near Kluane Lake following a final $1M funding commitment from the Government of Canada. Construction is scheduled to start in June 2018.
- The Government of Yukon intends to make radon testing and mitigation a licensing requirement for child care centres and family day homes in the territory; and is in the process of completing testing programs at four schools across the territory with more extensive testing planned for this winter.
- The Government of Yukon is struggling with a shortage of nurses in the territory and is having difficulty recruiting for rural positions
- Date modified: