Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Yukon Territory||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be good for Purchasing agents and officers (NOC 1225) in Yukon for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing agents and officers in the Yukon region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2011.
- Purchasing agents and officers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Public Administration and Defence (NAICS 91): 75%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 01 - Jan 05, 2018
- Goldcorp has resubmitted its proposal to bring the Coffee gold project into production, after the Yukon Environment and Socio-economic Assessment Board halted the assessment last July. Goldcorp is working toward mine operations starting in 2021.
- The Government of Yukon has put an end to 15 requests to consider oil and gas rights in northern Yukon. Three northern Yukon First Nations did not support the further advancement of the requests at this time.
- Yukon Energy and Victoria Gold Crop. have signed a power purchase agreement that projects at least $100M in spending over the first 10 years of the Eagle mine near Mayo. Connections to the main power line and a new substation are also in the agreement.
- The Government of Yukon has extended six oil and gas permits for one year. The permits make up the core of the $100M-plus exploration program in northern Yukon.
- Date modified: