Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Yukon.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Probation and parole officers and related occupations (NOC 4155) in Yukon due to low levels of employment.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
(To access archived Labour Market Bulletins not appearing on this webpage, please contact us).
- May 2017 | (PDF, 232 KB)
- April 2017 | (PDF, 232 KB)
- March 2017 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 236 KB)
- February 2017 | (PDF, 232 KB)
- January 2017 | (PDF, 256 KB)
- Annual Edition 2016 | (PDF, 276 KB)
- December 2016 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 230 KB)
- November 2016 | (PDF, 243 KB)
- October 2016 | (PDF, 225 KB)
- September 2016 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 233 KB)
- August 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- July 2016 | (PDF, 517 KB)
- June 2016 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 229 KB)
- May 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- April 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- March 2016 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 228 KB)
- February 2016 | (PDF, 223 KB)
- January 2016 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- Annual Edition 2015 | (PDF, 230 KB)
- December 2015 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 552 KB)
- November 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- October 2015 | (PDF, 552 KB)
- September 2015 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 259 KB)
- August 2015 | (PDF, 514 KB)
- July 2015 | (PDF, 511 KB)
- June 2015 (quarterly edition) | (PDF, 321 KB)
- Annual Edition 2014 | (PDF, 511 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Jun 12 - Jun 16, 2017
- The Government of Yukon is expecting to pay $1.8M to cover the cost of full abandonment of a gas well at the Kotaneelee gas processing plant. The original owner of the site left a security deposit which covers part of the $2.4M total cost.
- Strikepoint Gold Inc. has started exploration work on the Mahtin Project near Mayo. Sample drilling is expected to follow the initial survey work.
- Goldstrike Resources Ltd. and Newmont Mining have established two fly-in camps to host their technical teams and drilling crews as they start exploration on the Plateau Property
- K2 Gold Corporation has started a diamond drill program at its Wels Gold Property. The company also has plans for exploration programs at three additional properties in the Yukon.
- The Government of Yukon and City of Whitehorse are working together to apply the Business Incentive Program to the municipal operations building project. The program will ensure local labour, apprentices, youth and manufactured materials are used.
- StrikePoint Gold Inc. has engaged Groundtruth Exploration and their Drones to Drill program, to execute its 2017 Yukon exploration program. Groundtruth is a Yukon-based company that specialize in exploration activities within the Territory.
Week of Jun 05 - Jun 09, 2017
- Metallic Minerals Corp. has started a $1.5M exploration program at its Keno Silver Project. The first phase of work will consist of targeted geophysical and geochemical surveys followed by a drilling program.
- ATAC Resources Ltd. has started diamond drilling at its Osiris Gold Project. Geophysical surveys and possible additional drilling are also planned for the 2017 exploration program.
- White Gold Corp. has started a drilling program on its properties south of Dawson City. The program is being managed by Ground Truth Exploration who will provide daily geologic, geochemical and structural interpretation to guide the drill programs.
Week of May 29 - Jun 02, 2017
- K2 Gold Corporation has started an exploration program and a diamond drilling program at its Wels Gold Property located in west-central Yukon Territory
- Pacific Ridge Exploration Ltd. is conducting detailed sampling and prospecting programs at its Gold Cap and Eureka Dome gold properties, south of Dawson City
- The Government of Yukon is providing $333,000 to ten museums to preserve and interpret their collections
- The Government of Canada is providing approximately $50.8M to improve access to services in French for Francophone communities in Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. The funding runs from 2017 to 2020.
Week of May 22 - May 26, 2017
- The Government of Yukon has approved 21 placer projects and 38 hard rock projects to receive $1.6M in funding through the Yukon Mineral Exploration Program. The funding is expected to leverage an additional $3.7M of spending by the grant recipients.
- Goldcorp Inc. expects that its Coffee Gold Mine near Dawson City, if approved, would employ about 400 workers and have a lifespan of approximately 10 years. The company expects that an operational mine is at least four years away.
- Ground Truth Exploration, a Dawson City-based mineral exploration company, expects to have about 150 people in the field this summer, working on projects in Yukon, Nunavut and Newfoundland and Labrador
- Date modified: