Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Supervisors, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9211) in the Mauricie region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 03 - Apr 07, 2017
- A virtual job fair will take place on April 27 at the DigiHub in Shawinigan. An interactive kiosk will display available IT jobs in Mauricie. This activity is taking place as part of the Colloque TI. (available in French only)
- The Clinique de santé M will open in May in Trois-Rivières, with some 12 nurse practitioners supported by 5 nurses. The clinic is also currently seeking medical secretaries and administrative coordinators. (available in French only)
- The Service d'intégration travail ¿ Mauricie in Saint-Tite was awarded a contract to salvage old Hydro-Québec meters, which will create work for some 12 employees with mental illnesses (available in French only)
- Structure Robko, a manufacturer of roof trusses, beams, and prefabricated walls, is seeking 15 employees for its Saint-Adelphe plant, including woodworkers, day labourers, assemblers, technicians, and an apprentice mechanic (available in French only)
- Nemaska Lithium has increased from about 10 to 39 employees in a year, with 35 located in Shawinigan. The opening of the company's hydrometallurgical plant, scheduled for the second half of 2018, should result in the hiring of some 100 employees. (available in French only)
- La Fernandière, a deli based in Trois-Rivières, has been seeking employees for many months (available in French only)
- The Haute-Mauricie is lacking specialized workers, including forest engineers, forestry technicians, heavy or stationary machine operators, electricians and architechts. Retirements will vacate many jobs. (available in French only)
- Date modified: