Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2017-12-15|
An employment outlook has not been assigned to this occupation in this region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 01 - Jan 05, 2018
- The Municipality of Maria, which is located in the Gaspésie region, and its financial partners inaugurated a new outdoor centre on December 17, 2017. The total investment was $900,000 (available in French only)
- The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de la Gaspésie is seeking at least two pharmacists and two psychologists, as well as social workers, administrative officers, and nurses, in order to fill positions that have been vacated through retirement, absences, and other types of leave (available in French only)
- Entreprises maritimes Bouchard, located in Gaspé, had 9 employees in the summer of 2017, now has 35, and is aiming at employing at least 40 workers. The owners of this fishing boat repair shop are constructing a building at the cost of $2M. (available in French only)
- Conception navale FMP is currently constructing a new building in the Newport sector of Chandler. When this $1.7M project is completed, the fishing boat manufacturer hopes to increase the number of its employees from 14 to 20. (available in French only)
- The substitute teacher pool is empty in the area served by the René-Lévesque school board, whose headquarters are located in Bonaventure. The opening of teaching jobs at the beginning of the school year contributed to this situation. (available in French only)
- The Stratégie d'établissement durable des personnes en Gaspésie et aux Îles-de-la-Madeleine is relaunching its co-op placement program, which allows students to receive assistance of up to $125 per week for a maximum of 12 weeks (available in French only)
- Date modified: