Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Engineer officers, water transport (NOC 2274) in the Gaspésie - Îles-de-la-Madeleine region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- The Regroupement des pêcheurs professionnels du sud de la Gaspésie is developing an expertise in hatchery lobster rearing and seeding. This $600,000 project, a four-year investment, will provide work for five people. (available in French only)
- Considering the importance of labour needs, composite training will be offered at the Centre de formation de la Côte-de-Gaspé beginning on August 8. East Coast Wind, Travaux sur cordes Suspendem, and Techéol will hire program graduates. (available in French only)
- The Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec has proposed a recruitment campaign to encourage permanent doctors to come to and stay at the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux des Îles-de-la-Madeleine (available in French only)
- A centre for clients confronting mental health problems will open this September in New Richmond. The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de la Gaspésie integrated health and social services centre is seeking 8 permanent employees. (available in French only)
- Navigue.com is investing $2.5M over 3 years in the Gaspésie region to increase its Internet service speed. The Saint-Godefroi telecommunications company recently hired young people and purchased Électronique Infocom in Carleton-sur-Mer. (available in French only)
- Parks Canada is investing $6M in the Forillon National Park to renovate campground service buildings. Work will begin at the end of summer in the Petit-Gaspé sector, and in the fall of 2018 at the other sites.
- The Municipalité des Îles-de-la-Madeleine will go forward with its two-rink multi-sport centre project, estimated at $14.5M, which will replace the Fatima and Havre-aux-Maisons arenas (available in French only)
- Three companies operating on the site of the Auberge Festive Sea Shack in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts employ about fifty young people each year during peak season (available in French only)
- The Bois Marsoui GDS sawmill is looking for employees: the Haute-Gaspésie is facing a shortage of new forestry workers (available in French only)
- The shortage of restaurant workers in Gaspésie and Îles-de-la-Madeleine is causing concern given the absence of a succession in this sector of activity, which employs over 2,000 in the region (available in French only)
- Date modified: