Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Other small engine and small equipment repairers (NOC 7335) in Newfoundland and Labrador due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 06 - Nov 10, 2017
- The United States will exclude NL from softwood lumber export tariffs, after ruling that the province's lumber producers do not benefit from an unfair subsidy. The ruling also applies to lumber from NS and PEI.
- The Atlantic Provinces Economic Council (APEC) projects real GDP will decline in NL by 2.2% in 2017 and by 0.5% in 2018. Oil production from the new Hebron field in 2018 will help offset the impact of provincial fiscal restraints and low oil prices.
- Export Development Canada predicts that a rebound in the oil and gas sector, increased nickel production, and healthy markets for seafood products will contribute to an increase of 17% in export values for NL in 2017, followed by a 12% increase in 2018
- The NL government has launched initiatives which aim to double the number of people directly employed in the food agriculture sector. The initiatives include advancing education and innovation, and creating new opportunities for local growers.
- The government of NL and sector leaders have released a work plan which will aim to increase growth and promote new careers in aquaculture over the coming years. Among actions promoted in the report are those which will address human resource needs.
- The NL government is moving forward with a plan to incorporate midwives into the provincial health care system. Several industry groups will work with a recently hired consultant to establish the process over the next twelve months.
- Date modified: