Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Court officers and justices of the peace (NOC 1227) in the Montreal census metropolitan area due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 06 - Nov 10, 2017
- MÙV2, a consortium of construction companies, has announced that the second phase of its residential project in the Montréal neighbourhood of Rosemont has begun, a $40M investment (available in French only)
- TC Transcontinental has announced the closure of its Montréal newsprint mill following a restructuring that will affect about 60 workers (available in French only)
- Kwanko, a French company specializing in multi-channel digital marketing services, has announced the opening of an office in Montréal, which will require the creation of about 20 jobs in three years (available in French only)
- Amilia, an event management software developer, has announced a $10M investment in commercializing its new product. Financial assistance from the Government of Quebec will create 29 jobs in Montréal by 2019. (available in French only)
- Téo Taxi, a Montreal based electric car taxi company, has hired 100 drivers to better respond to service demands (available in French only)
- Society Développement Immobilier has announced the start of its $200M Voltige residential project in Montréal, which will include 5 towers and 800 units. The project is split into several phases, and the first two towers will be completed in 2019. (available in French only)
- Green Cross Biotherapeutics, a pharmaceutical company specializing in developing and manufacturing plasma-derived products, has opened its plasma fractionation plant in Montréal, a $400M project that will lead to the creation of 200 jobs (available in French only)
- Aurora Cannabis, a Montréal-based company, has received its cannabis production licence from Health Canada and plans on hiring about 40 people to work in the company's plant before opening at the end of November (available in French only)
- The Government of Quebec has announced the construction of a birthing centre in the eastern part of Montreal Island, scheduled to open in November 2018 (available in French only)
- Développements Symphonia has announced the construction of its Symphonia POP residential project, located in Nun's Island. This project of more than $100M includes 240 units in a 32-storey tower. Work is expected to be completed in fall 2020.
- Biomont Énergie Inc. and three funding partners - Fondaction, Eolectric, and Groupe VALECO - have announced the inauguration and activation of a biogas cogeneration centre in Montréal, an investment of over $20M (available in French only)
- IBM has announced the official opening of its Client Innovation Centre (CIC) in Montréal. The centre already employs 120 people and aims to hire 130 more workers by the end of 2018 with the goal of creating an additional 500 positions in four years.
- Loblaws Companies Limited has announced it is cutting 500 office and management jobs in several Canadian cities, including the city of Montréal (available in French only)
- YUL Condominiums, one of the largest residential projects in Montréal, has announced Phase 2, a 38-storey residential tower with 400 units. The tower is expected to be completed in 2020.
- Cadillac Fairview, Canderel, and the Club de Hockey Canadien have announced the construction of La Tour des Canadiens 3 (TDC3), the third phase of the 567-unit residential project in Montréal scheduled for 2021 (available in French only)
- TrackTik, a Montréal-based personnel management company in the field of security, has announced a $7M investment from the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec. The company aims to hire up to 70 people to increase its expansion. (available in French only)
- Date modified: