Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Montréal Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Editors (NOC 5122) in the Montreal census metropolitan area.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be moderate.
- A moderate number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Editors in the Montreal census metropolitan area:
- Approximately 2,510 people work in this occupation.
- Editors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 54%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 16%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 9%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 6% compared to 13% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 70% compared to 70% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 24% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 27 - Mar 03, 2017
- Local Logic, a Montréal-based start-up company, has announced a partnership with Centris to facilitate the research of properties for sale by real estate agents. This partnership will create 14 jobs by the end of 2017. (available in French only)
- Following the acquisition of the Montréal-based start-up Maluuba, Microsoft is hiring some 40 engineers in Montréal over the next two years (available in French only)
- The City of Montréal is investing $28M to upgrade and improve its 311 service (available in French only)
- Dazmo Groupe, a Montréal company specializing in the film, television and advertising industry, announced the opening of the MTL GRANDÉ film studios
- Moment Factory, a multimedia entertainment studio, announced it will be creating 350 jobs over 3 years and saving 150 existing jobs as a result of a total investment of over $10M (available in French only)
- IT Link, a French company specializing in the design and installation of digital industrial systems, announced the opening of its North American head office in Montréal, leading to the creation of 40 specialized jobs over 3 years (available in French only)
- Hopper, a Montréal company specializing in the creation of mobile applications, announced funding of $40M from the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to support its growth. Some 40 jobs will be created in Montréal in 2017. (available in French only)
- Rogers Communications announces the closure of French-language print magazines Châtelaine and Loulou. More than 50 workers in the Montréal area are affected. (available in French only)
- Epic Games, a U.S. video game company, announces that it will open an office in Montréal, creating 30 to 50 jobs, including positions for graphics engineers and graphic artists (available in French only)
- Date modified: