Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Halifax Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Manufacturing managers (NOC 0911) in the Halifax region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Manufacturing managers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 590 people work in this occupation.
- Manufacturing managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 23%
- Other manufacturing (NAICS 313-316, 322-323, 327, 331, 333-335, 337, 339): 22%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 19%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 17%
- Plastics and rubber products and chemicals manufacturing (NAICS 325-326): 6%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 78% compared to 69% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 19% compared to 17% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 12 - Jun 16, 2017
- Bionic knee brace manufacturer Spring Loaded Technology expects to add another eight workers with backgrounds in mechanical engineering and production to its staff of 29 as it invests $3.8M to develop new products and boost capacity
- Nautel, a Hackett¿s Cove-based maker of radio transmitters, plans to add a significant number of employees to its design and research teams over the next year to work on new products. Nautel had increased from 210 to 240 staff over the past six years.
- Rosborough Boats in Beechville has been awarded a $7.3M contract to build rescue boats for the Arctic patrol vessels being constructed at the Irving Shipyard in Halifax. The company will add two positions in 2017 to its current staff of 12 employees.
- Irving Shipbuilding is seeking work to fill a looming gap in construction between 2019 and 2021 in the federal shipbuilding program in Halifax. Irving would like to fill the gap to prevent large layoffs and potential loss of some of its workforce.
- Date modified: