Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Desktop publishing operators and related occupations (NOC 1423) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 12 - Jun 16, 2017
- After a tendering process, construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2018 on the $19M East Hants Aquatic Centre in the Elmsdale Business Park. The opening date of the centre is set for the summer of 2019.
- Bionic knee brace manufacturer Spring Loaded Technology expects to add another eight workers with backgrounds in mechanical engineering and production to its staff of 29 as it invests $3.8M to develop new products and boost capacity
- QRA Corp Ltd., a Halifax-based developer of aerospace software to help engineering firms detect faults in the design phase, continues to attract business and has recently added several employees in the areas of project management and business development
- Metamaterial Technologies, a Halifax-based firm that designs products based on light technology, could add 100 workers to its staff of 33 over the next three years. Aerospace giant Lockheed Martin recently contributed $5.6M to the company's research.
- Ramar Construction will begin construction in the summer of 2017 on Soaring Way, an $8.1M residential development in Hammonds Plains
- Lady Drive-Her, an airport taxi service that has 10 all-female drivers, has opened in Halifax
- New businesses that have opened recently or will open soon in the Halifax area include a restaurant, The Rooftop, on Grafton Street, Juice Press in Purdy's Wharf, the Grounded Coffee Bar in Historic Properties, pawn shop Most Wanted on Cole Harbour Road, and toy store Scholar's Choice in the Mic Mac Mall
- Construction Technologies Inc., a Burnside-based supplier to the construction industry, has gone into receivership. The jobs of 30 employees are affected.
- The Best Western Plus Dartmouth near the Burnside Industrial Park will undergo an expansion over the next few months which is expected to result in the addition of up to 10 housekeeping and support jobs at the hotel
- A contract awarded to Lockheed Martin Canada to replace combat systems on Chilean navy ships will result in additional jobs in systems software engineering and integration at the company¿s facility in Dartmouth, where 250 workers are now employed
- Date modified: