Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Desktop publishing operators and related occupations (NOC 1423) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 30 - Nov 03, 2017
- The City of Halifax will hire nine compliance officers over the coming months and take over the enforcement of parking rules and related activity after contracting out the service for a number of years
- Kitchener-based Red Meat Games is in the process of establishing a gaming studio in Halifax and plans to hire more than 10 senior-level programmers and graphic artists throughout 2018
- Halifax-based real estate brokerage Red Door Realty will open an office in January 2018 on Prince Albert Road in Dartmouth. The company plans to have 20 realtors at the new site with room to add more later.
- Loblaw's has begun a layoff of 500 office workers of various levels in five locations across Canada, including Halifax. No store positions will be affected, and jobs are expected to be added later in 2017 in financial services and other company divisions.
- Sears Canada announced it is seeking approval to close its remaining 130 stores across Canada. This will affect at least 140 people in Nova Scotia, with 134 from the Halifax Shopping Centre store. If approved, liquidation will begin October 19.
- Date modified: