Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
An employment outlook has not been assigned to this occupation in this region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 18 - Dec 22, 2017
- As part of an $80M investment from the federal government to be spent in Canada on ocean research, Canada's Centre of Offshore Oil, Gas, and Energy Research in Halifax will increase its capacity to study oil spills and add more scientists.
- Clothing chain Levi's opened a store in December 2017 in the Halifax Shopping Centre.
- Irving Shipbuilding has begun construction in Halifax of the third of five or six Arctic patrol vessels to be built as part of its ongoing major shipbuilding contract with the Canadian government. Completion of the first vessel is expected in 2018.
- A tender has been issued for interior construction work at the ongoing major expansion of the Dartmouth General Hospital. The project is one of several ongoing major overhauls of hospitals in the QEII Health Sciences System.
- According to the Brookfield Institute, Halifax is well above the Canadian average in terms of the number of workers in the information technology sector, with a high concentration of graphics programmers and iOS mobile developers.
- The Nova Scotia government is seeking a private contractor to oversee the $11M renovations project at the Halifax Infirmary. The project is one of several ongoing major overhauls of hospitals in the QEII Health Sciences System.
- Dartmouth-based Northeastern Protection Service has signed a multi-year contract to provide security personnel at the large new Nova Centre complex in downtown Halifax
- Halifax welcomed visits from 173 cruise ships carrying 292,722 passengers in 2017. The figures represent record high numbers for the port.
- The Halifax Convention Centre, part of the new one-million sq.-ft. Nova Centre complex in downtown Halifax, will hold its official opening in December 2017
- GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc. will be eligible for a provincial payroll rebate program if it creates up to 30 jobs in Dartmouth over the next five years. The company specializes in the development of underwater acoustic systems.
- aFrite, a 30-seat restaurant, will open on Lower Water Street in Halifax in late November 2017
- Date modified: