Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Halifax region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- The Summit Academy of Active Learning, an independent private school, will open in Bedford in the fall of 2017 and serve pre-primary to Grade 9 students
- REDspace has added 25 workers to its payroll in the last six months and now has 170 employees. The Halifax-based digital-media company creates web and mobile games and other interactive web and social media applications.
- Scotiabank shut down two employee centres in Halifax in June that mainly processed paper, and moved some jobs to Toronto. The pending closures had been announced two years ago, and the bank has not said whether any layoffs occurred locally.
- The Nova Scotia government has offered payroll rebate support to Pepper Group, an international mortgage and loan services company, if it creates up to 200 jobs over five years as part of an expansion of its Global Shared Service Centre in Halifax
- A tender for exterior cladding and roof work has been issued for the ongoing major expansion of the Dartmouth General Hospital. A tender for the interior work will be issued in the fall of 2017. The$132-138M project is expected to be completed in 2022.
- Production is on schedule to begin in September 2017 at Atlantic Gold's Touquoy mine in the Eastern Shore area, which will result in the creation of 200 jobs. Other gold operations are possible over the next few years in the area.
- After much public debate, Scotia Materials Ltd. has received a permit to operate a quarry in Goffs, near Fall River. Work could begin at the site within the next few months, and the company will now go ahead and hire workers
- Private liquor store Cristall Wine Merchants will rebrand as Westside Beer Wine and Spirits and add five or six workers to its current staff of 10 as it moves from Bedford to a location in Clayton Park in the next few months
- Ruby Rhinestone, a bar and restaurant, is expected to open in August in downtown Halifax and employ about 20 workers. Restaurants Six 303 Eatery on Quinpool Road and Silong Express on Titus Street have also opened recently or will open soon in Halifax.
- Date modified: