Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 17 - Apr 21, 2017
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a $4.8M construction contract to Contempora Construction, to install the roof and remainder of the envelope on the city's Municipal Works building. The city is also spending about $1M on garage upgrades.
- The City of Medicine Hat is planning to rebuild the entire road and sewer systems along South Railway Street in summer 2017. MJB Enterprises Ltd. was awarded the $7M contract.
- The Town of Bassano has almost $1M in infrastructure work planned in 2017. Construction is scheduled to begin on the first phase of a water line project and replacement of sewers.
- Two major road construction projects in Lethbridge are slated to begin in April 2017. Both projects are expected to be completed by fall 2018.
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a $7.8M contract to Westpro-Pomerleau, a Calgary-based facility constructor, to replace the Crescent Heights Lift Station
- The Government of Alberta is providing $0.3M to the Village of Foremost for Phase Two of its Foremost Unmanned Aerial Systems Range project
- Alberta Health Services has opened a temporary community collections site in Brooks as part of the expansion of lab services in southeast Alberta. The site will operate until construction on the permanent lab is complete.
- The County of Newell is seeking tenders for a paving project on East Gem Road. The paving reserve for the project is worth approximately $8.6M.
- R&W Furniture, a retail furniture store in Rosemary, is closing after 42 years. The store will close when all the inventory has been sold.
- The Government of Alberta is granting approximately $20M over four years for infrastructure projects in Castle Provincial Park and surrounding communities. The funding will be used in highway paving and new water line projects.
- The City of Brooks has awarded a construction contract of approximately $1.25M to Brooks Asphalt & Aggregate for road upgrades and general street improvements. The work is expected to start in May 2017 and should be completed by September.
- Date modified: