Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Denturists (NOC 3221) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- Natural Health Services is opening a medical cannabis clinic in Lethbridge on July 17. The company is the largest prescriber of medical marijuana in Canada.
- The Sears store in Medicine Hat has given layoff notice to 20 full-time and 54 part-time employees. Local Sears employees have been told the store will be closing in mid-September and will be moved out of Medicine Hat Mall in early October.
- The Government of Canada is providing $11.2M for upgrades to the wastewater system for the Sherring Business and Industrial Park in Medicine Hat, and $1M for drinking water infrastructure in the Hamlet of Monarch
- Cenovus Energy is closing its office in Brooks
- JBS SA, a Brazilian meat packer, is divesting some of its assets including Five Rivers Cattle Feeding which operates the 75,000-head capacity Lakeside Feeders feedlot in Brooks
- The Livingstone Range School Division is spending approximately $2.37M to upgrade space in the vacant G.R. Davis School building in Fort McLeod. The project is in partnership with the Town of Fort McLeod.
- The rideshare company Uber is set to launch in Lethbridge before fall 2017 following a bylaw change by the City of Lethbridge that allows ridesharing services
- Dillon Consulting is building a Tim Hortons restaurant in Nanton. The site is scheduled for a 40-seat restaurant with drive-thru, and for a 16-seat outdoor patio.
- Date modified: