Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Underground mine service and support workers (NOC 8411) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 13 - Mar 17, 2017
- The federal and provincial governments are providing $1.3M to upgrade and repair seniors and affordable housing units in Lethbridge. The funds will be used in projects such as mechanical systems, sidewalk improvements and to address accessibility issues.
- Two new physicians have joined the Centennial Health Clinic in Brooks
- The University of Calgary, in collaboration with Mexican universities and research institutes, has received $44M for four knowledge networks to support joint research projects that will aid energy reforms in Mexico
- The City of Medicine Hat is evaluating construction bids for the $9.9M Veiner Centre, which was severely damaged in a 2013 flood. Construction is expected to start in spring 2017 with completion projected by summer 2018.
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a $3.77M contract for electrical system upgrades to Will Bros. Canada. The upgrades are expected take place starting in fall 2017.
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are jointly providing approximately $260,000 for improvements to seniors and community housing in Medicine Hat
- The City of Lethbridge plans to borrow $15.3M as part of a $41M expansion of the Sherring Business and Industrial Park. The money will be used for infastructure improvements and a new rail line.
- Date modified: