Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Underground mine service and support workers (NOC 8411) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 05 - Jun 09, 2017
- Pincher Creek's Stardust Inn and Chalets is undergoing an extensive expansion. Meanwhile, a new Travelodge Hotel is also under construction in the town and is expected to open in November.
- The City of Medicine Hat has started construction on a new $8.25M fire station. Scott Builders plans to complete the project by fall 2018.
- The Government of Alberta is providing $2.1M to the City of Medicine Hat and surrounding communities to improve flood related infrastructure as well as non-structural flood and drought resiliency projects
- Canalta Hotels and South Country Co-op are planning a new hotel and Co-op retail complex, two stand-alone restaurants and a seniors' living facility in Medicine Hat. Boston Pizza and A&W are also scheduled to open on the site.
- The City of Medicine Hat has awarded a $4.8M construction contract to Contempora Construction, to install the roof and remainder of the envelope on the city's Municipal Works building. The city is also spending about $1M on garage upgrades.
- The City of Medicine Hat is planning to rebuild the entire road and sewer systems along South Railway Street in summer 2017. MJB Enterprises Ltd. was awarded the $7M contract.
- The Town of Bassano has almost $1M in infrastructure work planned in 2017. Construction is scheduled to begin on the first phase of a water line project and replacement of sewers.
- Date modified: