Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Underground mine service and support workers (NOC 8411) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 23 - Oct 27, 2017
- Cenovus Energy Inc. is selling its Palliser crude oil and natural gas assets in southeastern Alberta to Torxen Energy and Schlumberger for $1.3B. The cash sale is expected to close in the fourth quarter 2017.
- CanPak Environmental plans to hire staff in the spring of 2018 when it starts picking up curbside recycling from residential addresses in Medicine Hat. Two city depots are also being kept open to accept overflow from residences.
- According to a local merchant, most of the businesses in Waterton Lakes National Park have closed early for the season following the massive Kenow wildfire. The park reopened on September 20th, but many staff have moved on to other jobs.
- The Alberta Entrepreneurship Incubator program is supporting Tecconnect in Lethbridge in offering commercialization services, networking and mentorship opportunities, and access to startup funding to help entrepreneurs
- The Swedish energy firm International Petroleum Corporation has purchased oil and gas interests on the Suffield Block in southern Alberta from Cenovus for $512M. Cenovus staff are transferring to the new owners.
- Cavendish Farms is opening a new frozen potato-processing plant in Lethbridge. The $360M facility is expected to create approximately 400 direct jobs.
- Date modified: