Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be fair for Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region:
- Approximately 1,380 people work in this occupation.
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312):more than 95%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 08 - Jan 12, 2018
- Compass Cannabis Clinic is opening a medical cannabis clinic in Brooks by the end of February 2018. The company plans to work with a group of outlying physicians who are trained to prescribe cannabis.
- The Medicine Hat Police Service is launching a 20-week training program for cadets in partnership with Lethbridge College and the Blood Tribe Police Service. Medicine Hat will recruit from the cadets to fill vacant positions within the service.
- Elemental Energy has energized its $4.5M Brooks Solar Farm, the first utility scale solar project in Alberta to be connected to the grid. Of the 70 employees and subcontractors hired for the project, 65 per cent were hired from the Brooks area and 90 per cent were from Alberta.
- CanWest Air is planning to build a facility at the Medicine Hat Airport. The new facility will assist CanWest Air to provide air ambulance services across most of the province effective April 1, 2018.
- Red Arc Manufacturing in Medicine Hat is producing commercial-scale recycling bins for Can Pak Environmental. Can Pak currently operates commercial recycling pick up services in Edmonton, Calgary, and Drayton Valley.
- Masterpiece Care Corp. has opened the Southlands Meadow seniors' complex in Medicine Hat. Phase two of the project, will include an additional 80 beds, and could be under construction within a year.
- Methanex has signed a 14-year natural gas supply contract for its Medicine Hat methanol production facility, with Painted Pony Petroleum. The contract will allow Methanex to maintain current production levels to 2032.
- Construction is scheduled to start December 1st on the $17M Regional Park n Ride Transit Terminal in downtown Lethbridge. The project is expected to be complete in 2019.
- Date modified: