Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Postal and courier services managers (NOC 0132) in the Red Deer region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 13 - Mar 17, 2017
- Paterson Grain is moving ahead with the construction of a $50M Inland Export Grain Terminal near Bowden. The company expects that the project will create up to 100 jobs during construction, and at least 12 full-time jobs during operation.
- According to the latest Manpower Group Employment Outlook Survey, about 20% of employers in the Red Deer area are planning to hire employees in the upcoming quarter. Meanwhile, about eight percent anticipate job cuts.
- The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are investing $816,300 to upgrade affordable housing units in the Red Deer area
- The Town of Penhold has approved a provision to borrow $850,000 to fund the construction of a $3.3M water reservoir. Construction is expected to start in summer 2017 and should be complete in 14 months.
- Red Deer Public Schools has issued a tender for the construction of West Park Middle School. Construction of Don Campbell Elementary and St. Joseph High School are in progress and are set to open in fall 2017.
- Date modified: