Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Postal and courier services managers (NOC 0132) in the Red Deer region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 25 - Sep 29, 2017
- The Parkland Foundation is expecting to start construction of a new $24.5M seniors lodge and independent living facility in Innisfail in spring 2018. The facility will accommodate 90 seniors, with 60 for the lodge and the other 30 self-contained.
- The demolition of the old hospital in Ponoka is underway. The site is slated for the Town of Ponoka's new learning centre that will house Town Hall, become a new home for the Ponoka Jubilee Library and bring Campus Alberta Central to town.
- Rimbey Medical Clinic will be down to four doctors after October 31, 2017 as two physicians are leaving. The remaining doctors are also responsible for 24/7 emergency coverage at the hospital.
- The City of Red Deer plans to redevelop a portion of the downtown and is designating the area Capstone at Riverlands. The area is slated to include residential and commercial buildings, as well as parks and cultural spaces over the next 20 years.
- Red Deer Catholic Regional School Division is opening two new schools in the fall, one in Red Deer and the other in Blackfalds
- Red Deer College has started construction on the new Alternative Energy Lab. The work is expected to be complete in April 2018.
- Construction is underway on a $1M commercial mall in Innisfail. The project is expected to be complete by the end of 2017, with the new tenants opening by early 2018.
- Date modified: