Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Red Deer Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Postal and courier services managers (NOC 0132) in the Red Deer region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 05 - Jun 09, 2017
- Gen III Oil Corporation is planning a new $90M re-refinery near Bowden to turn used vehicle oil into new synthetic-grade motor oil. The project is subject to regulatory approvals and financing.
- The Highway 12/21 Regional Water Services Commission has started work on the $7M Mirror to Bashaw portion of the regional water line
- Agrocorp Processing Ltd. Is spending $6.5M to expand its grain and pulse handling facility in Innisfail. The facility is expecting to add five new employees when the work is completed in October 2017.
- Construction has started on a business complex in Penhold with completion projected by fall 2017. A 24-hour Esso service station, one of several businesses slated for the site, will be hiring 10 to 15 employees.
- The Town of Blackfalds has awarded NuEnergy Systems a contract to install solar photovoltaic panels on the Abbey Centre. The contract, for the design, supply and installation of the panels, is worth $396,000.
- The Expanding Horizons Bowden Cultural Enhancement Society plans to start construction on a $1.7M community hall in Bowden on June 1, 2017
- The Government of Canada is providing $11.12M over three years to support the 2019 Canada Winter Games in Red Deer. The money includes $3M for sport-related infrastructure enhancements at Great Chief Park.
- Date modified: