Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
An employment outlook has not been assigned to this occupation in this region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 08 - Jan 12, 2018
- The Government of Nunavut is seeking proposals for projects that promote, protect or preserve and revitalize the culture, language, arts and heritage of Nunavut
- Iqaluit and Arviat are receiving funds under the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program to support facilities upgrades, with additional funding from the communities
- The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency and the Government of Nunavut are jointly providing $403,000 to expand the solar panel installation on the arena complex in Kugluktuk
- The Government of Canada has selected Rankin Inlet as the site of Canada's first Arctic inshore rescue boat station. The station is projected to open in mid-June 2018.
- The Government of Canada is providing $1.7M to Nunavut over the next four years to help communities adapt to climate change. The Government of Nunavut and communities are selecting the projects to receive funding.
- Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. is offering up new scholarship funds for Nunavut Inuit post-secondary students. The funds come from the remainder of the money set aside for common experience payments by the Residential School Settlement Agreement.
- The Government of Nunavut is proposing new regulations for the sport hunting of caribou herds that are not already protected by harvest limits. The plans include a new quota system for non-residents hunting caribou.
- The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency is providing $1M in new capital to the Nunavut Community Futures Association. The money will be used for loans to small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Sabina Gold and Silver Corp has received a project certificate from the Nunavut Impact Review Board for its Back River gold mine project. The company has also partnered with a major Chinese gold producer, the Zhaojin International Mining Co. Ltd.
- Polar Knowledge Canada is providing approximately $8.1M for 41 projects between 2017 and 2019 related to polar scientific technology and the collection of Inuit traditional knowledge
- The Nunavut Water Board has started public reviews of water licenses for the Back River Gold Project in Kitikmeot. Sabine Gold and Sliver Corp. recently received approval for the mine from the Government of Canada.
- Hurtigruten, a Norwegian cruise, ferry and cargo operator, is planning to enter the Northwest Passage cruise market in September of 2018. The MS Fram, with a capacity of 318 passengers, will stop in several Nunavut communities.
- Date modified: