Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
An employment outlook has not been assigned to this occupation in this region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 08 - Jan 12, 2018
- Homeland Housing is expecting to start construction on a 48 unit affordable housing development in Morinville by the end of May 2018
- The Grindstone Theatre Society, a non-profit troupe, is opening a 75-seat comedy club in Edmonton on April 1, 2018. The facility will also house a restaurant bar.
- Freedom Cannabis is building a cannabis grow and production facility in Parkland County. The company could start production in late 2018 or early 2019 and hire 150 employees.
- Cidex Group is starting construction on a 24-storey rental apartment building in downtown Edmonton. Occupancy is slated for mid-2019.
- The Government of Alberta is building a new central diagnostic lab in Edmonton. The government owned facility, planned to open in 2022, will consolidate lab services into a public corporation under Alberta Health Services.
- Millar Western Forest Products Ltd. has bought wood manufacturer Spruceland Millworks Inc. Spruceland has a dimensional lumber mill with 100 employees in Acheson, and a sawmill in Fort Assiniboine.
- Wavefront Technology Solutions Inc., based in Edmonton, has signed a three-year agreement with Gulf Drilling and Maintenance in the State of Kuwait to provide wellbore stimulations services. Wavefront will provide technical and engineering support.
- Flair Airlines has added direct flights from Edmonton to Vancouver, Kelowna and Toronto. Edmonton will serve as the airline's main transfer hub for scheduled flights.
- Inter Pipeline is moving ahead with a $3.5B integrated plastics manufacturing facility near Redwater. The project is expected to create over 13,000 indirect and direct jobs during construction and 180 operations positions upon completion in 2021.
- Date modified: