Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Annapolis Valley Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be fair for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) in the Annapolis Valley region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline sharply.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale trade managers in the Annapolis Valley region:
- Approximately 1,090 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale trade managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 58%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 17%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 11%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 12% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 76% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 21% compared to 21% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 19 - Jun 23, 2017
- Wheaton's reopened its store in Berwick in May 2017, replacing the retail chain's original location that burnt to the ground a year before. The store employed 18 workers prior to the fire, and most have returned.
- Centreville Kwik-Way & Diner will close at the beginning of February 2017, resulting in 12 job losses
- Noble Grape Urban Winery, an on-site winemaking retailer, will open in September 2016 in Kingston, NS. It will be larger than its other Annapolis Valley location in Cold Brook, and is seeking to hire staff.
- Date modified: