Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be good for General practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about General practitioners and family physicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,350 people work in this occupation.
- General practitioners and family physicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 93%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 01 - Jan 05, 2018
- The provincial government, District of Sechelt and RainCity Housing recently opened a 20 bed homeless shelter in Sechelt. The on-site support will offer case planning, meals and access to health services and counselling.
- Island Health is making plans to staff the Pandora Community Health and Wellness Centre. The centre, which is slated to open next spring, will be Victoria's first supervised consumption site.
- The provincial government is providing an additional $153,000 in 2017-18 and another $224,000 in 2018-19 towards the operating costs of the WISH Drop-In Centre Society located in the Downtown Eastside
- The Jackson Lam Adult Day Centre recently opened at the Austin Harris Residence in Richmond. The centre provides day programs for seniors who have physical and cognitive challenges.
- Date modified: