Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Labourers in fish and seafood processing in the Vancouver Island and Coast region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- The Town of View Royal has approved rezoning for a $200M high-density housing complex. The redevelopment plans include replacing the 161-unit Christie Point complex with 473 rental units.
- The Vancouver Island Conservation Land Management Program is beginning the first phase of a five-year enhancement restoration project of Parksville's Englishman River Estuary in late July. The total cost for the project is estimated to be up to $200,000.
- Nanaimo Christian School recently began a multi-phased expansion that will take place over the next ten years. Construction for the first phase of the expansion is estimated to cost $5M and is expected to be completed by May 2018.
- West Shore RCMP is hiring four additional Mounties in Langford to address the city's rapidly growing population
- The Greater Victoria Public Library recently started offering free access to Lynda.com. The learning resource offers online business-related courses and video tutorials.
- Prince of Whales recently added a 95-passenger whale watching vessel to its fleet. The $3.5M 78-ft. catamaran will sail between Vancouver and Victoria.
- Camosun College has opened a new satellite training centre on Songhees Nation Territory. The Camosun Coastal Centre offers additional programs and training opportunities for the marine industries, Indigenous trades people, and members of the community.
- Date modified: