Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Dietitians and nutritionists (NOC 3132) in the Saint John - St. Stephen region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- The new Reversing Falls restaurant in Saint John is in the final stages of construction and with staffing being hired as it prepares to open in late July 2017. The 2,600-ft. skywalk is a key tourist attraction of the venue, which will allow people to go to the rooftop.
- Sussex Excavators won the bid to do repair work on Leonard Drive, which has a hospital, two schools and a RCMP station along its stretch. The $930K project will start construction on July 10, 2017.
- Saint John is expected to begin construction later in 2017 on the Greater Saint John Field House, now that $16.2M has been secured for the project. The athletic centre will allow event-hosting, will promote long-term prosperity and help create jobs.
- The world's third largest container line, CMA-CGM, will begin weekly stops at the Port of Saint John in late August 2017. The new service will allow exporters and importers to access new markets along the eastern seaboard, the Caribbean and South America.
- Hundreds of Unifor union forestry workers from across the Maritimes gathered at Irving Pulp and Paper, Limited, to call on the Federal government to lock-in "a fair negotiated softwood lumber deal" with Washington that protects Canadian jobs. The forestry sector is one of New Brunswick's largest industries and supports more than 20,000 jobs.
- Lorneville Mechanical, of Saint John, has won a contract to pre-build sections of a new gasoline processing unit to be installed next year at the Irving Oil refinery
- Date modified: