Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations (NOC 0014) in the North Shore region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 27 - Mar 31, 2017
- Tatamagouche Brewing Company in Tatamagouche expects to add two workers to the three staff in brewing operations in the spring of 2017. The total brewery operation would then employ about 12 to 14 workers in the busy summer season.
- Futureworx and food service businesses in the Antigonish area will partner to offer a 19 week program beginning in March 2017 to train people to work in the food service industry. More than 25 possible vacancies have been identified in the industry in the area.
- The Town of Trenton plans to reopen Trenton Park for limited camping in 2017, after closing the campground in 2009 because of operational costs
- A dairy and butcher shop is expected to open in the fall of 2017 in a building currently under construction in the Masstown Market. Local farms will provide milk and meat to the businesses, and the milk will be bottled on site.
- Peace by Chocolate, a small chocolate factory started by a family of Syrian refugees in Antigonish in August 2016, now employs 10 workers
- TreeGo, an aerial adventure business that had planned to set up a course in Trenton Park in Trenton, has cancelled the project
- Date modified: