Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations (NOC 0014) in the North Shore region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- The Great Canadian Dollar Store expects to open a location in the New Glasgow Highland Square Mall in October 2017. It is the chain's second store in the area, and will employ about 15 workers.
- About 10 new small businesses have opened in Tatamagouche over the last year. The charm, friendly people and affordability are contributing to the mini boom of the area.
- Maritech Construction has been awarded a tender for a $5.1M project to construct a water reservoir system in Amherst. No timelines were provided.
- Truro Herbal Company expects to begin construction of a marijuana production facility in the Truro Industrial Park in the summer of 2017, as its application to grow moves into the final review stages. Eventually, the company hopes to employ 50 workers.
- Green Diamond Equipment, a John Deere equipment dealer for the Maritimes, plans on moving into a new location in the Truro area by the spring of 2018. The dealership employs 24 workers, and needs 10 additional sales staff and technicians.
- LED Roadway Lighting has laid off 45 assembly workers in Amherst and will shift its focus from manufacturing lighting to production planning. About 90 to 100 workers remain in Amherst and some planning-related jobs may eventually be added.
- Industrial products distributor Acklands-Grainger will close its Stellarton location in July 2017, as part of a national downsizing. The jobs of four workers will be affected, although some have been offered other roles with the company.
- Date modified: