Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2017-12-15|
An employment outlook has not been assigned to this occupation in this region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 08 - Jan 12, 2018
- The Town of Amherst has reached a tentative deal to buy the heritage Via Rail train station. The town would like to lease the station to a local entrepreneur, who would operate two restaurants out of the building.
- Tate Construction has been awarded a contract to begin construction in early 2018 of a palliative care unit in the St. Martha's Regional Hospital in Antigonish
- THC Inc. has received a permit from Health Canada to grow cannabis in the Antigonish area. The company hopes to begin growing by the end of January 2018, and to employ more than 100 workers if the final product is approved for sale.
- Hubtown Sports Bar has opened in the former Bubba Ray's Sports Bar location in Truro, which had announced it would close in November 2017. Hubtown had previously indicated that all former employees of Bubba's were offered jobs.
- Stanfield's Ltd., which currently employs about 300 workers in its underwear and garment manufacturing plant in Truro, indicates it often has difficulties filling full-time positions and will begin offering part-time employment to attract new workers
- The closure of a Kent Building Supplies store in Guysborough in December 2017 will result in the loss of four full-time jobs in the town. One of those workers will relocate to another Kent location.
- Date modified: