Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Shore Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Optometrists (NOC 3121) in the North Shore region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 12 - Jun 16, 2017
- LED Roadway Lighting has laid off 45 assembly workers in Amherst and will shift its focus from manufacturing lighting to production planning. About 90 to 100 workers remain in Amherst and some planning-related jobs may eventually be added.
- Industrial products distributor Acklands-Grainger will close its Stellarton location in July 2017, as part of a national downsizing. The jobs of four workers will be affected, although some have been offered other roles with the company.
- According to the Wild Blueberry Producers Association of Nova Scotia, increased demand and good growing conditions over the last few years have now led to a current oversupply of berries, resulting in unsustainable low prices for producers
- Thrift store chain Value Village opened a new location at the Aberdeen Shopping Centre in New Glasgow in May 2017
- Construction has begun on the Chedabucto Lifestyle complex in Guysborough. Marko Construction, Turf Master, Con and Con Construction, and the Guysborough Truckers Association are involved in contracts related to the project.
- Ocean Sonics, based in the Truro area, is actively recruiting engineers, software developers, and salespersons to add to its current staff of 15 employees. The company develops digital devices that measure ocean sounds.
- In addition to the reopening of the campground in the summer of 2017, the Town of Trenton has announced plans for an eventual $2.6M revitalization of Trenton Park
- Date modified: