Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Human resources managers (NOC 0112) in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula and Notre Dame - Central Bonavista Bay regions due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 10 - Jul 14, 2017
- Halifax-based C&D Recycling expects to set up an operation in Norris Arm to recycle used tires into aggregate for the construction industry. The pilot project would create jobs for four to six workers.
- Notre Dame Seafoods Inc. has announced it is permanently closing the shrimp plant in Twillingate, affecting approximately 100 workers.
- Long-lasting sea ice in Twillingate harbour has affected the entire community. With less vessel traffic there has been less work for dockhands, and the local grocery store, liquor store and oil companies are feeling the pinch as well.
- The Newfoundland Tea Company, a small family business, produces organic loose leaf tea in Gander. The company produces 28 different types of teas and are sold in stores in Gander, Trinity and Bonavista.
- Delays in the announcement of the opening of the cod offshore fishery may affect fish plants in Arnold's Cove. The delay could impact the ability to catch the quota, possibly putting the jobs of over 200 fish plant workers in jeopardy.
- Date modified: