Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2016-12-23|
No employment outlook has been assigned to Human resources managers (NOC 0112) in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula and Notre Dame - Central Bonavista Bay regions due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 10 - Apr 14, 2017
- One year after the Quinlan Brothers fish plant in Bay de Verde was destroyed by fire, the facility has been rebuilt and ready to open. The new facility is highly automated and will reduce the number of jobs available from previous years.
- Two Gander pilots are opening a new brewery in the area called Scud Runner Brewing. Test batches have been done for the past 18 months and they are planning to be up and running by June.
- The provincial and federal governments have announced $22M in joint funding for a new wastewater treatment plant for Gander. The new facility and 2.5km of new piping will ensure the town can meet the federal wastewater system effluent regulations.
- The provincial and federal governments have announced over $6.83M in joint funding for the expansion of the wastewater treatment facility in Grand Falls-Windsor. The investment will be for the addition of a secondary level of treatment at the facility.
- The Town of Clarenville and surrounding areas have received $456,000 in federal and provincial government funding for infrastructure projects. The projects include upgrades to recreational facilities.
- The provincial and federal governments have announced $634,750 in funding for five projects in Notre Dame Bay communities. The projects include infrastructure upgrades, building renovations, and new skateboard park equipment.
- Date modified: