Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||(Undetermined)||2017-12-15|
An employment outlook has not been assigned to this occupation in this region due to low levels of employment.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 01 - Jan 05, 2018
- The government of NL expects to begin posting positions for midwives in the spring of 2018 as part of a pilot project in Gander to integrate them into the health care system. If pilots are successful, midwives may be working across the province by 2019.
- The Town of Grand Falls-Windsor and 89 of its unionized employees have entered into a new four-year collective agreement beginning in 2017 that will provide total wage increases of 10.5% over four years
- Construction will begin in 2019 on two 60-bed, long-term care homes in Gander and Grand Falls-Windsor, and on the expansion of an existing unit in Botwood. About 200 public service employees will be required to staff the facilities.
- Eastern Health has opened a mental health and addictions wellness centre, staffed with a nurse and social worker, in Grand Bank, and is also increasing similar services in Marystown
- Scudrunner Brewing expects to officially open its new microbrewery within the next few weeks in Gander
- Date modified: