Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-04-07|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 5,530 people work in this occupation.
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 46% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 41% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 13% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 03 - Jul 07, 2017
- Smoke & Spice Southern Barbeque restaurant is expected to open in mid-August in Sarnia with around 60 employees
- Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. will invest $26M to renovate and rebrand the Point Edward Casino. Construction will begin this summer and is expected to be completed in August 2018.
- True Fitness is scheduled to open a location in downtown Windsor in August and plans to hire 15 employees
- The Cottage café opened in Petrolia
- Date modified: