Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 6,350 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 74%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 15%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 25 - Dec 29, 2017
- Franz Turkey Farms in Sarnia have closed both their retail storefront and their processing operations
- Goodwill Industries will open a third store in Windsor creating 50 to 60 new jobs by May 2018
- Paramount Fine Foods, a Middle Eastern restaurant chain, will open a new location in Windsor in early 2018
- Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits will open a location in Chatham in early 2018 and Starbucks coffee house will open a location in late spring or early summer 2018
- Date modified: