Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-04-07|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- Employee turnover in this occupation is high, which could generate additional employment opportunities.
In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 5,530 people work in this occupation.
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 46% compared to 14% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 41% compared to 67% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 13% compared to 19% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Apr 17 - Apr 21, 2017
- Bad Dog Bar & Grill, scheduled to open this summer in Sarnia, is hiring 25 part-time and full-time positions
- Windsor Beauty Supply will open its sixth location in London on May 1
- St. Clair Audio Video store in Sarnia will close at the end of April, affecting six employees
- Date modified: