Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be fair for Glaziers (NOC 7292) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Glaziers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 200 people work in this occupation.
- Glaziers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 73%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 11%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 01 - Jan 05, 2018
- A Farm Boy grocery store will open in Hamilton this spring. A job fair will be held on January 19 and 20 to fill 140 full- and part-time positions.
- Two elementary schools in Burlington, Brant Hills Public School and Frontenac Public School, will be getting 87 combined new childcare spaces for the 2019-2020 school year through funding from the Government of Ontario
- The Great Canadian Gaming Corporation will take over operations of Flamboro Downs, Casino Brantford, Mohawk Racetrack and Grand River Raceway in early 2018 and plans on making capital investments and creating 1650 new jobs
- Suez Ancaster Water Technologies and Solutions Inc., a manufacturer of high-purity industrial and municipal water treatment systems, has opened an ozone production facility in Ancaster
- A Don Cherry's restaurant opened in Welland
- The CIBC branch in Jarvis will close in May 2018, potentially affecting four employees
- The CIBC Branch in Port Rowan will close in July 2018
- Date modified: