Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Ottawa Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be fair for Editors (NOC 5122) in the Ottawa region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Editors in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 890 people work in this occupation.
- Editors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 36%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 28%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 13%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 04 - Dec 08, 2017
- Ciena Corp., completed construction on a new campus in Kanata that will serve as the company's R&D headquarters
- You.i TV, a video app software development firm in Kanata, added approximately 100 jobs over the past twelve months. As it moves into a new location, the company aims to hire an additional 50 to 100 employees over the next two years.
- Torstar Corporation has eliminated 110 positions, 25 of which were layoffs due to closure of its Metroland Media Group printing plant in Durham
- Mitel Networks Corporation, a telecommunications company, will eliminate approximately ten percent of its global workforce through restructuring by the end of 2017. Actual impact on the approximate 600 Ottawa-based jobs is unknown at this time.
- Date modified: