Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Toronto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-04-07|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries (NOC 2161) in the Toronto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,200 people work in this occupation.
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 7% compared to 11% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 82% compared to 71% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 11% compared to 18% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 12 - Jun 16, 2017
- Construction on the Region of Peel's $200M watermain project at the Mississauga City Centre will begin this summer
- Minotti, an Italian furniture brand, opened a showroom in Toronto's King Street Design District at 102 Berkley Street
- Van Cleef & Arpels, a Paris-based jeweller, opened its first Canadian boutique in Toronto's Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- The City of Mississauga and The Daniels Corporation have partnered to build an outdoor soccer pitch in Mississauga's City Centre neighborhood which will be completed later this summer
- Hudson's Bay Company will lay off 2,000 staff in North America by the end of fiscal 2018 across all departments, with approximately 200 from the Brampton head office
- A Farm Boy grocery store will open in Etobicoke's Shoppes of Alderwood this fall creating about 150 jobs
- Goodfellas, a wood oven pizza restaurant will open a location at the Sussex Centre in Mississauga in spring 2018
- Mario's BBQ a Portuguese restaurant will be opening in Mississauga's Streetsville neighborhood
- COS, H&M's upscale fashion brand will open a store in Mississauga's Square One shopping centre
- Eleventy, an Italian luxury fashion brand will open a store in Toronto's Yorkville Village this fall
- The Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ and Urbacon Data Centre Solutions Inc., has opened a data centre campus in Richmond Hill
- The Rectory Café, a restaurant located on Toronto Island will close this fall affecting approximately 57 employees
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. will open a second location in Brampton at the corner of Queen Street and Highway 427 in July
- Garritano Brothers Ltd., an Oshawa-based construction company, was awarded a $4.5M contract from the Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board for the expansion of the Marmora Senior Public School set to begin in June 2017
- Date modified: