Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Toronto Region||(3 of 3 stars)||2017-08-25|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be good for Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries (NOC 2161) in the Toronto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment growth is expected to be strong.
- A small number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced low levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,200 people work in this occupation.
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: 7% compared to 11% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 82% compared to 71% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 11% compared to 18% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 06 - Nov 10, 2017
- Goodlife Fitness Centres Inc. is opening a new location in Brampton this December
- Reynolds Consumer Products Inc. will close an aluminum foil plant in Toronto, laying off 100 unionized workers.
- Amazon Canada is hiring seasonal workers at its Brampton distribution centre
- Marshalls is opening a new department store at Trinity Common mall in Brampton on November 14
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. is building a new store in Thorncliffe Park in Toronto and expected to open by February 2018
- A Tim Hortons Inc. location in Oshawa is closing
- The Cheesecake Factory Inc. is opening its first Canadian restaurant with a new 10,400-sq.-ft. location in Toronto's Yorkdale mall
- Frank & Oak Inc. opened a women's clothing store in Toronto
- The Government of Ontario is investing $2.8M to help Biolab Pharma Ltd. retrofit a 13,000-sq.-ft. research development and innovation facility in Mississauga, creating 40 new jobs
- The GO Transit Whitby Rail Maintenance Facility is due for completion in several weeks. When fully operational, there are expected to be 300 to 400 new jobs created to help with the maintenance and repair of trains.
- Date modified: