Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Toronto Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2016-12-23|
For the 2016-2018 period, the employment outlook is expected to be limited for Printing press operators (NOC 7381) in the Toronto region.
This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that:
- Employment is expected to decline.
- A large number of people are expected to retire.
- This occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
Here are some key facts about Printing press operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 4,400 people work in this occupation.
- Printing press operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Printing and related support activities (NAICS 323): 73%
- Paper manufacturing (NAICS 322): 13%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
- They fall into the following age groups:
- 15 to 24: less than 5% compared to 11% for all occupations
- 25 to 54: 74% compared to 71% for all occupations
- 55 years and over: 23% compared to 18% for all occupations
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 13 - Mar 17, 2017
- Four food manufacturers in Vaughan have received almost $300K in federal-provincial funding; Kisko Products and Riverside Natural Foods Ltd. received $100K, United Bakery Manufacturers Inc. received more than $93K and Damon Industries Ltd. received $2.5K
- Bacardi Canada Inc. is closing its Brampton bottling facility and moving to a new office location in Toronto affecting 51 employees
- Dishon Limited, a machinery supplier to the aerospace industry is receiving an investment of $3M from the Government of Canada to expand production at its Vaughan facility and create up to 60 full-time jobs
- Date modified: