Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Description | Titles | Duties | Related Occupations
Included Cities in Region | Service Canada Offices
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Toronto Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2017-12-15|
The employment outlook will be fair for Civil engineers (NOC 2131) in the Toronto region for the 2017-2019 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 9,510 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 60%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 14%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 01 - Jan 05, 2018
- MDA, a subsidiary of Maxar Technologies Ltd (formerly MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.) received $53.7M in funding from the Government of Canada for robotic technology to support future space exploration, supporting 175 jobs in Brampton
- Think Research Corporation, a Toronto-based developer of technology platforms for the healthcare industry, will receive up to $5M from the Province of Ontario towards a total investment of $49M, creating 228 jobs by September 2023
- InstaRyde Inc., a ridesharing platform, will launch in Toronto in December
- Clear Blue Technologies Inc., a developer of smart grid technology for off-grid systems, will receive $400K from the Government of Canada towards a $1.2M expansion of its operations in Toronto, creating up to 33 jobs
- The Government of Ontario is investing $2.8M to help Biolab Pharma Ltd. retrofit a 13,000-sq.-ft. research development and innovation facility in Mississauga, creating 40 new jobs
- Date modified: