I want to hire a caregiver for a private household. What should I do?
On Job Bank, private households are considered employers and must create an employer file with Job Bank same as other businesses. You must first register your business with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
If you already have a business, you cannot use the payroll account number for caregiving purpose. You will have to contact CRA to open a proper payroll account number for private household use only.
Job Bank could request a statement of account for current source deductions (PD7A) at anytime to confirm that the payroll account number is open with CRA.
Note: If we request a PD7A and you have not hired someone or added an employee to the payroll yet, contact CRA to obtain a nil remittance. A nil remittance is a PD7A, but the numerical fields show zeros since you have not issued a paycheque yet.
- Why do I receive messages?
- How do I remove someone from an employer file?
- I’m receiving an error message when trying to register my payroll account number. What should I do?
- How do I access my messages?
- How do I submit my documents online?
- I want to post a job. How do I register an employer?
- How do I change information in my employer file?
- I’m receiving an error message when adding a new user on file. What should I do?
- Why has my employer file not been approved?
- How do I add someone to an employer file?
- I no longer work for a company and I have access to their employer file. How can I remove myself from the employer file?
- The previous employee is no longer working for the company. Can I change the password and security questions of this employee’s user account?
- I forgot the login information of my user account and I want to register a new employer file. Can I create a new user account?
- Date modified: