What are the rules to post on Job Bank?
- Provincial or territorial minimum wage standards must be met;
- Tax deductions must be made by the employer; workers must not arrange their own contributions to such programs as income tax, the Canada Pension Plan (CPP), employment insurance (EI) and Workers’ Compensation;
- There must be a real job vacancy (the employer cannot have someone in mind for the position);
- Any training that is a condition of employment must be paid;
- Employment must be insurable in Canada; and
- No fees can be charged to applicants.
The following job opportunities are not permitted on Job Bank:
- Self-employment opportunities with or without a monetary investment;
- Volunteer or unpaid internship opportunities;
- Hiring replacement workers during a labour dispute;
- A duplicate of a job currently advertised on Job Bank; and
- Any job that Job Bank considers to be inappropriate.
- How do I create an apprentice job posting?
- How do I create a student job posting?
- How do I create a green job posting?
- Do I have to pay to advertise my job postings on Job Bank?
- How do I extend my job posting?
- Can I write my own job description when creating my job posting?
- How do I copy my job posting?
- I can’t find the job title that I want to display on my job posting. What should I do?
- What are the rules to post on Job Bank?
- Can I advertise self-employment opportunities?
- Why was my job posting declined?
- How do I create a job posting?
- How do I modify or edit my job posting?
- Why does my job posting status show "Pending"?
- Date modified: