How can I report a problem with an employer?

If you want to file a formal complaint against an employer, contact the department in charge of employment standards in the province or territory where you work.

Here are the provincial and territorial departments responsible for enforcing employment standards:

To report a problem with an employer in a federally regulated industry or workplace, you have to contact the Labour Program.

You may also report an abuse or misuse of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program if you are aware that someone has been misusing the program.

If you believe that an employer does not comply with Job Bank’s Terms of Use, you can report it by clicking on the “Still need help? Contact us” link below. Include the job posting number, the employer name and a brief description of the problem.

Was this answer helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: