How does the “Summary of current matches” section under “Matches and reports” work?
When you advertise job postings on Job Bank, you are automatically matched with job seekers who have work experience, skills or education similar to your jobs’ requirements.
These match results are listed in different sections under “Matches and reports”. Here’s how the “Summary of current matches” section works:
Summary of current matches
This section is where you can find your total amount of job matches in real time. The results can change quickly. This is because a match is attempted each time modifications are made to your job posting or a job seeker’s profile is created, modified or activated.
The matches table classifies matches results based on their time of occurrence and their match score. The function of each column is as follows:
- Match score – Matches are associated with a number of stars determined by their match level. A 5 star match means that most of the job requirements match the job seeker’s profile, while a 1 star match means that very few job requirements match the job seeker’s profile.
- First 30 Days – When a new job posting is created, it can be advertised for a maximum of 30 days. If the position hasn’t been filled, it can be extended for three periods of 30 days to a maximum of 120 days. This column only lists matches happening in the first 30 days.
- 31+ Days - Canadian – If a job is advertised for more than 30 days, the column results will start to increase. These results show matches that occurred with Canadian citizens or permanent resident candidates.
- 31+ Days - Express Entry candidates – If a job is advertised for more than 30 days, the column results will start to increase. This column of results show matches with profiles of foreign job seekers participating in the Express Entry program.
- What is Job Match for employers and why should I use it?
- Who can be matched to my job postings?
- How does the “Summary of current matches” section under “Matches and reports” work?
- How does the “Employer Activity” section under “Matches and reports” work?
- How does the “Job seeker Activity” section under “Matches and reports” work
- Why did my Job Match results change under my job posting?
- How can I improve the Job Match results on my job posting?
- My job posting has expired. Can I still have access to the matches?
- Date modified: