Why can't I write my own job description?
In order to offer free, fast and bilingual services to clients, Job Bank does not allow you to use free text. Pre-defined options ensure that job postings are advertised within the shortest time possible since all available options are pre-translated.
If you cannot find a particular job title, skill or requirement, there are other options available.
- You can use the “Additional job requirements”. This feature will allow you to lookup various job requirements associated with other occupations (e.g. skills, credentials, work location information, etc.).
- You can send us your suggestions. You will find a box below some sections when creating a job posting, where you can suggest new options. Your suggestions will not appear on your job posting right away but may be available in the future.
- You can include a link to an external website to provide more information about the position. Any website link you include will be reviewed by a Job Bank officer before advertising your job posting.
- How do I make changes to my advertised job posting?
- I can't find the job title that I want to display on my job posting. What should I do?
- What are the rules to post on Job Bank?
- If I can't write my own job description, what can I do?
- Can I advertise self-employment opportunities?
- Why was my job posting declined?
- How do I create a job posting?
- How do I edit my job posting?
- Do I have to pay to advertise my job postings on Job Bank?
- How do I extend my job posting?
- Date modified: